On behalf of the International Society of Engineering Asset Management & RMIT University Vietnam, and my Co-Chairs, Prof Joe Amadi-Echendu of University of Pretoria and Adjunct Prof Joe Mathew of the Asset Institute, I invite you to participate in the 17th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (Industry 4.0, Digital Transformation, Society 5.0 and beyond) to be held in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam from 18-20 October 2023.
We have chosen the largest financial & economic centre of Vietnam for the 2023 event focusing on Industry 4.0 and digital transformation. We are expecting over 250 participants from all around the world to meet and share state-of-the art knowledge in research and application of advanced management frameworks, analytical tools and technologies for Engineering Asset Management in sectors which include energy, oil and gas, water, transport, defence and health and community infrastructure.
We are currently seeking submissions for both research papers and industry thought leadership presentations and case studies related to engineering assets which includes infrastructure in all sectors which include energy, oil and gas, water, transport, defence and health and community infrastructure.
All papers will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will be published in the Springer ebook, “17th WCEAM Proceedings”. The Springer ebook series is indexed by Scopus.
Industry presentations (without a paper) are welcome and presenters will be required to submit a PDF of their presentations by the paper deadline.
Topics that will be covered in WCEAM 2023 include:
- Industry 4.0 platforms, and interoperability, and cyber security of asset management information systems
- Digital Transformation
- Sustainable investment, acquisition, operations, maintenance, and retirement strategies applicable to engineered assets
- IOT and applications of smart and intelligent sensing and instrumentation
- Condition monitoring, diagnostics, prognostics, and asset health indexing
- Applications of digital twinning, blockchain, extended reality (augmented and virtual)
- Product-service transformation, and product-service systems
- Sustainable investment, acquisition, operations, maintenance, and retirement processes applicable to engineered assets
- Dynamic modelling and simulation of asset acquisition, operations, maintenance, and retirement processes
- Reliability and resilience engineering
- Asset condition, risk, resilience and vulnerability assessments
- Big data analytics and decision support systems for asset management
- Refurbishment, renovation, replacement, upgrade decisions and actions
- Governance and applications of international standards and local guidelines
- Human dimensions in asset management
- Case studies of investment, operations, maintenance, and retirement of assets in private sector
- Case studies of investment, operations, maintenance, and retirement of assets in the public sector
Individuals, organisations and institutions desiring to present papers at the Congress are encouraged to submit an abstract of 200 words. These abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee. Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to submit a full paper for peer review and subsequent presentation during the Congress.
You will find the full details of the Call for Papers/Presentations at our web site at https://2023.wceam.com/
- Submission of Abstract: 10 March 2023
- Full paper deadline: 24 May 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 26 June 2023
- Early Bird and Presenter Registration Deadline: 27 August 2023
- Final Paper Submission & Consent to Publish Deadline: 20 August 2023
- e-book Chapter Manuscript proofing deadline: 15 December 2023
I look forward to meeting you in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in October 2023.
Professor Brett Kirk
Chair, WCEAM 2023
Dean, School of Science, Engineering & Technology
RMIT University Vietnam